Om Nom Pot Roast Recipe
In our order of farm-raised beef, we got a “beef top round roast” chunk of meat. I’m not very experienced with “top round” roasts, and don’t have a big stockpile of mouth-watering recipes for it either…. so I took to the internet!
I found this gem: Slow Cooker Tender and Yummy Round Roast
I’m (at heart) a researcher, so I read ALL the reviews and mashed up a few reviews to make this recipe:
Om Nom Pot Roast
For the slow cooker:
- ~15 small red potatoes (I used ~3/4 of a pre-packed bad I bought)
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 4 pounds boneless round steak
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine (and a glass for yourself)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
For the rub:
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp rosemary leaves (rough chop)
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
Rub the mix over the meat and brown in butter on a hot skillet until all sides are slightly crisp. Then load the meat into the slow-cooker and pile the potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic around it. Sprinkle the onion mix and empty the soup can onto the top. Pour in the Worcestershire sauce. Leave on low for 10 hours and one hour before you take it out, pour in the red wine. Serve after cooling for ~10 minutes.
I think this is a delicious recipe and I think you will too. It will make your house/apartment/flat smell AMAZING and whoever eats it will thank you!