120 Mile, 6 day, Stage Race Through The Rockies
On August 3rd, we’ll be driving out to Colorado to start getting acclimated to the altitude in preparation for the 120 mile, 6 day, Trans Rockies stage race (click the link to find out more about the race).
Here is a rough timeline for myself and Jeney leading up to the race and for afterwards:
- August 4th – arrive in Denver (time TBD…we’re driving!)
- August 5th to 10th – camp near Buena Vista for a couple days, then meet up with our teammates in a cabin
- August 11th to 16th – Trans Rockies race!
- On the 16th – finishing at the Chophouse in Beaver Creek sometime in the afternoon
- August 16th to ? – enjoy relaxing and recovering after finishing the race in Beaver Creek
- August 17th – teammates from Ithaca (Rusty & Tarryn) fly back to Ithaca via Denver
- August 17th –
big potluck picnic in the Avon area.Get together at local pub for food and drinks in the late afternoon – early evening. Changed this to make it easier for planning, etc. Exact time and location TBD (Avon area).
- August 17th or 18th – half day river rafting adventure, possibly on the Colorado River – who’s interested?
- August 19th or 20th (?) – Head down to Denver, get packed up and start to head back to Ithaca. Exact date TBD.
We’ll be updating this page with any other important information we find / think is useful as time goes on.